The COMmunity Intervention Team (COMIT) is based in the community to provide psycho-social therapeutic intervention for persons with mental health issues (PMHI) and support their caregivers so they can live well at home and in the community. Services provided by COMIT include:
- Individualised intervention plans for clients
- Counselling and other psycho-social therapy for clients and caregivers
- Case management and service coordination for clients
- Support and encouragement for clients and caregivers via home visits
- Singaporean or Permanent Resident between 18 and 65 years old
- Diagnosed with psychiatric condition(s) that has been stabilized, and is on regular medications and psychiatric follow-up
- No history of substance abuse, such as drug, inhalant and alcohol, in the last two (2) years
- No suicide attempt(s) and self-harm acts within the last three (3) months
- No severe aggressive behavior which may pose a threat to others
- No diagnosis of dementia
Note for Persons Who Have Not Been Formally Diagnosed For Mental Health Issues:
- Assessment will be done by the COMIT Counsellor and referred to appropriate agencies for further treatment and follow-up.
- Persons will be discharged upon successful referral to relevant agencies.
- May be accepted to be followed up by COMIT if appropriate
- Referral form to be duly completed by referral agency, preferably by general practitioner from mental health clinic or a hospital. Referrals can also from social service agencies, schools, police, community organisations, family members or self.
- COMIT Counsellor will contact the person/caregiver within 36 working hours from the time referral is received.
- Assessment will be conducted to assess suitability for COMIT service and referral source will be notified on the outcome.
- Referrals with no psychiatric input will be advised to see a psychiatrist so as to understand the person’s psychiatric condition and also the need for medications.
Anglican Care Centre (Bukit Batok)
Anglican Care Centre (Pasir Ris)
Anglican Care Centre (Yishun)