- SACS aims to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and apply its obligations to our processes to safeguard your personal data. This notice (“Data Protection Notice”) aims to inform you how SACS manages the personal data under its possession or control.
- Personal data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access.
- The personal data SACS collects, uses and discloses include but are not limited to:
- name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, photos, biodata;
- telephone number(s), mailing address, email address;
- family members’ information, employment history, education background, bank account information, credit card information, medical records;
- SACS only collects, uses or discloses personal data appropriate for the intended business you engage SACS for. Generally, SACS collects, uses and discloses personal data:
- when you apply and/or use any of the services provided by us or our authorised service providers;
- when you apply to and/or volunteer, intern or work for us;
- when you apply to and/or donate to us;
- when you apply to be our society member;
- when you register for and/or attend any of our events;
- when you access our facility and/or website;
- when you perform a financial transaction with us;
- when you submit a feedback and/or a request for contact;
- other purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- SACS will notify and obtain consent for collection, use or disclosure of personal data.
If you provide the personal data belonging to others, you warrant that you have informed the individuals of the purposes for which we are collecting their personal data and that they have consented to your disclosure of their personal data to us for those purposes.
- For the purpose of disclosure, SACS will seek relevant consent for the purpose in delivering relevant care / service(s).
SACS being part of the public healthcare and social service system, will operate under a “deemed consent” framework for collection, use and disclosure of data for the delivery of our care services. Parties to which the personal data may be disclosed to include relevant public agencies, agencies acting on behalf of public agencies, relevant healthcare and social-care providers, welfare funds, approved private medical insurers, etc.
- If there is a purpose for use and disclose beyond what has been consented for or the purpose you engage us for, SACS will notify and obtain new consent from you.
- You may (i) withdraw any consent, (ii) request for access, or (iii) request for correction of your personal data given or deemed to have been given.
- SACS will facilitate such request and advise you accordingly how the withdrawal may affect our provision of care / service to you. We will also advise you if any charges apply for your request of access.
- SACS will cease to retain personal data if the legal or business purpose(s) for which data was collected is no longer valid.
- SACS maintains appropriate security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, deletion, disposable, loss and other risks.
Third-Party Sites: Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties independent of SACS. We are not responsible for the data protection practices of such websites. We encourage you to learn about the data protection practices of such third party websites.
- For any enquiries or feedback relating to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal data, or to know more about our data protection policies and practices, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] / 6586-1064 / 10 Simei Street 3. Singapore 529897.