VOLUNTEERING WITH SACS
Singapore Anglican Community Services (SACS) is strongly supported by a core group of volunteers. They serve on the executive board, act as consultants or are committed to the various programmes that we have to help our clients.
We have some volunteers who have been with us since the days of the Singapore Anglican Welfare Council (SAWC) and who faithfully commute to our centres to befriend our clients or work behind the scenes.
However, the need for volunteers is still apparent. If you would like to reach out to the less fortunate; whether it be at risk children, seniors or people recovering from mental illnesses in our centres, you can click here and fill out the volunteer application form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our volunteer co-ordinator will contact you shortly.
Caring Assistance by Neighbours (CAN)
Our senior services have a CAN Befriending programme looking for volunteers for:
- Befriending, encouraging and accompanying seniors for social activities.
- Checking on medical compliance.
- Escorting senior for medical appointments or grocery shopping.
- Helping case managers monitor the overall well being of seniors at home.
- Organising group social events for seniors.
Activities will be carried out in Jurong East, Bukit Batok, Yuhua and Teban Gardens.
- Self-Actualisation: Knowing and being yourself, you bring your presence, your skills, your knowledge and your “self” to share with our clients.
- Social Responsibility: Meeting the needs of the community; you will discover more about the community and how to engage those in need.
- Personal Development: Growing your worldview; you will find that your perspectives will gradually be shaped by your volunteer experiences.
- Creating an Exchange: Interchange of ideas, perspectives. Volunteers can learn from our clients and staff, as well as share ideas and knowledge with them.
News and Events